Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Erma Bombeck has nothing on me

O.k. I have to vent... tomorrow i will laugh (I think)
Here was my day- one I might add in a series of days JUST LIKE IT!
I spent my morning organizing the twenty gazillion papers my child had managed to accumulate (out of order).
(This accumulation is particularly impressive given that said child has also managed to avoid doing ANY HOMEWORK for an ENTIRE month in two classes.)
So no breakfast because of organizing.
Go to school with said child (meaning .5 hours of makeup time at work) and search his locker for the missing science notebook. Which has all of the assignments we made him re-do for the second time.
No luck.
Get to work exchange emails with teachers at school to set up appointments. Have to go to 2:15 appointment with math teacher.This means no lunch break and having to go to conference then return to work late.
Car is full of flying bits of alfalfa hayt due to having to haul two hay bales out to my horse's new home in my station wagon (of course the truck was unavailable).
Combine flying bits of hay with a new conditioner that made my hair amazingly greasy and no air conditioning except windows (and the only clean item of work clothes, a very hot, ichy sweater) and I arrive at conference with green bits all over.
Eventually get home after working 1.5 hours late.
Decide to go to restauraunt to celebrate husband's new job, and cause I'm so not cooking.
Good meal, BUT come to find out they changed their policies and no longer take personal checks...like last week. Several moments of frantic cash pooling and there is not enough. Credit card full. Luckyly the server was very nice and accepted a check anyway.
Go home.. have to create streaming media web page,
BUT WAIT.. I have no clothes for work.
Go downstairs to do laundy, discover the (above mentioned) child, while doing laundry (as punishment for homework) washed my husbands favorite OILCLOTH duster with the other laundy. White laundry. Result- one filty washing machine, one filthy, oily load of formerly white clothes. Oh, and a wad of chewing gum.
Luckily, the duster came through pretty good.
"That's ok I can deal with this." I will just run a towel with hot water, clean washing machinewhile doing homework, THEN do work clothes.
ONLY, guess what......THERE IS NO LAUNDRY SOAP.
I give up. It is 8:39, I have a streaming web media assignenment to do, and I have to get up early to go to work as make up for the other conference in the middle of the workday tomorrow. Which, apparently, I will be doing in the nude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home